Sunday, July 6, 2008

Before it gets Butchered...

By Hollywood, The Lovely Bones is one if those books you get mesmerized by. The author, Alice Sebold remembers her youth in this semi-autobiography, and writes poetically about a very violent crime that happened to her. So back to the Hollywood thing, this book is being adapted into film, the director of the film is Peter Jackson, from Lord of the Rings fame, so I'm not too worried about the imagery being fucked up as opposed to the actual story. I'm not sure that they can capture the wonderful story that this book really is. But anyway, if you give this book a chance, I know you won't regret it, even if you aren't into books that much, I highly recommend it; the imagery is phenomenal, and it is written so beautifully, that's why I love, The Lovely Bones.

No comments: