Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Oh Please, Didn't Roman Polanski Just Win An Oscar?"

Indeed he did, for The Pianist. This small HBO documentary called "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" is about infamous director Roman Polanski ,which I saw in its premiere weekend. I already knew some stuff about Roman Polanski; I knew he directed Chinatown, Rosemary's Baby (my fav) and The Pianist (great movie), that his wife was killed by Charles Manson "family" and that he was involved in some rape scandal, but this documentary went into all of this. What I found most interesting about this semingly sane man, is that he did in fact had sex with a 13 year old girl, whom he had invited into his home to photograph her, he admitted it himself and he knew he would get into a trouble when conticted, so he fled the country in the middle of his trial, and he hasn't set foot in the U.S. then, which was in 1978. He has directed many more movies since, such as The Pianist, and Oliver Twist, and as I already metnioned, won the Oscar for best director. Check out this aweome documentary.

No comments: